Dr. James Lee recommends classes with Angela from Yoga Yoga Westgate for a quicker recovery along with chiropractic treatments. Angela DiNunzio is an open and easy-going teacher, and her classes include emphasis on undoing tension from the body, restoring the natural ease of the breath, and cultivating self-acceptance rather than creating perfect poses. She teaches a non-competitive class open to all levels with a solid grounding in proper alignment, a deeper understanding of the inner geography of the body, and the importance of core strengthening.
11:00am – 12:15pm: Bones Class, Private Studio
9:30am – 10:45am: Pilates Mat Class, Private Studio
10:00am – 11:15am: Pilates Mat Class, Private Studio
Restorative Yoga Videos
The Benefits of Yoga
1. Compassion. The physical practice of Yoga helps you feel compassion and connectives Yoga school of thought tells us that we are all one, but it is the experience of numerous bodies moving and breathing at the same time that really creates this understanding for most people. Realizing that we are all just doing the best we can in life. There is something very freeing about that mind-set that can melt away hostility, rivalry, and piddling disagreements alike nothing else.
2. Awareness of Eating. There are a lot of misconceptions out there with health foods. Should I be a vegetarian ? Or a vegan? What about Gluten free? etc. The bottom line is that most of us are brainwashed into eating what the FDA tells us to eat! Which is crazy because more than 70% of the menu that they recommend is not healthy at all for us. Practicing Yoga will create a craving for more fruits and greens.
Imagine craving green beans or spinach?
3. Strength! My strength 100% transformed into a new level. I started feeling areas of my body and muscles of my body being utilized more than they ever were before! I was able to breathe deeper, concentrate harder, focus and mental clarity was so much stronger. To sum this up, After doing Yoga for a few weeks, I actually felt 10 years younger! You can not put a price on this!
4. Self-assurance. It is one thing for someone to tell you that you can do anything you set your mind to. It is another thing to actually experience it for yourself. It takes a lot of time and determination to stand on your head, hold the weight of your body on your hands, or even just to consistently unroll your mat to practice. But once you have experienced it, you really start to believe you can do anything! You also start to see a beauty in yourself that you never knew was there. For me, this translated into a boost of confidence that I really needed.
5. Better relationships. What do you get when you mix a little sharpened consciousness, a bolt of compassion, a hint of self-confidence, and a shred of positivity? The power to associate with people in a more meaningfully way.
Meditation – A Good Idea To Incorporate Into Your Daily Life:
Meditation is an inherent part of yoga practice, as a matter of fact, the purpose of doing asana’s is to settle the body and focus the mind in planning for meditation.
Many people feel like you have to be an accomplished yogi or Buddhist Master in order to even practice meditation effectively, but you do not – You can meditate while walking, while sitting in any chair, doing chores around the house or pretty much anywhere you want to as long as you want to!
To Meditate is to Clear the Mind and Focus on Your “Third Eye” (the point between your eyes) and let go of all emotions.
Meditation has numerous benefits:
Physiological/Physical ~ Regenerates the nervous system ~ strengthens neuronal nerve tracts within the brain
~ increases lung capability ~ increases oxygen flow rate to the brain ~ increases vigilance ~ Betters sleep
~ can reduce the events of bronchial asthma ~ improves immune system ~ Aids in addiction/abuse recovery
~ reduces blood pressure
Mental/Emotional ~ Calms down the senses ~ focuses the mind to bring clarity & perspective
~ soothes the over-stimulated Self ~ reduces stress ~ promotes positive mentality, reduces negative thinking
~ increases Self-Esteem/Dignity ~ improves memory ~ reduces anxiety and hypersensitivity ~ increases creativity
~ allows the flow of prana/chi/life energy through the body ~ develops, promotes and maintains spiritual awareness
~ unites one with Consciousness and the truest Higher Self ~ increases connection with the Divine ~ prepares the Self for the transition of Death
~ allows us to open our minds and hearts in order to Live more fully ~ brings us into the divinity of the present moment
Below Are Some Great Meditation Links To Get You Started!